Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Mellanox Is Taking Some Hits, But The Pessimism Seems Overdone

When I last wrote about Mellanox (NASDAQ:MLNX) in March, I ended with the following:
"The good news is that these shares seem to routinely post 25% pullbacks that give patient investors a chance to reload. At this point, I'm more inclined to wait for one of those freakouts than chase the shares today."
Since then, the shares have pulled back a little more than 25%, with a big drop in late April/early May around earnings, a rally, another decline in July/August around earnings, and an attempted rally from mid-August to mid-September that hasn't held.

Nothing much has really changed in how I view (or value Mellanox). Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is making plenty of noise with Omni-Path, some potential Mellanox customers are adopting it, and that is having an impact on Mellanox. But that was always expected (at least by me) - the bigger question is whether Intel is really changing the game in a more meaningful way, and I don't think that's the case. I believe Mellanox will continue to be volatile, but I still believe in the basic story and that the mid-$50's is a reasonable fair value.

Click the link for more:
Mellanox Is Taking Some Hits, But The Pessimism Seems Overdone

No comments: